Animated Dragonica Star Glove Pointer

Music Player

Monday 14 May 2018

Checking in - Part 1

It's been a while! Again. I know, I am lazy at jotting down stuffs in my life. Well, now that I have time and nothing better to do, here I am~

My last post was about wiping the slate clean and starting anew, well, glad to inform you that it has been going very well. Though I do admit once in while, I will tend to slide right back to my old self, probably out of habit, or insecurities due to past experiences.. More on this later.

So, the good thing that I was talking about in my last post is, I have started a new relationship! #love #couple #hastags

To those who are wondering how it came to be, here you go, for you and for the future me, in case you lose sight of how beautiful of a relationship you are having. After spending a few months of walking out from my previous toxic relationship, I found myself sitting at the condominium's garden one night, thinking to myself, I have quite a lot of girl-friends whom I manage to talk to and have a laugh or two with. However, there is this one girl whom I have always try to not think about (to be complete honest, no point lying to my own blog I guess), which is weird because she's the first girl that I have met in university and the only girl who will spend time with me doing what I like the most, playing video games. Her name, let's retain her anonymity for now, and call her JE. (Hi JE, if you are reading this!)

So I decided that, of all the stupid decisions that I made, it can't go that badly. Plus, I want to give this, give her and give us a chance to work it out. So I asked her out and it went something like this. (Not like this, exactly like this...)

July 12, 2017, 11.57pm
LJ (Me): Ask you something. But wait, I'm driving.
JE: Alright. What why are you driving?

LJ: Filling petrol.
JE: Owh

LJ: Hmm. Don't know how to phrase it.

July 13, 2017, 12.01am
LJ: Alright here goes. You still there?
JE: Oh yeah I'm here. Ok phrase it.

LJ: Ok.. Is it weird if I ask you out?
JE: Like ask me out for what? O.o

LJ: That's the weird part I guess.. For a date.
JE: Like the uh, date kind of date? Like your definition of date?

LJ: Haha.. Yeah. I don't know, hanging out with you lately stirs a lot of emotion within me and I can't be sure what they are.
JE: Sorry I have to be sure. I kinda have been afraid it had been something like this when you said you didn't know how to phrase it out...

LJ: Ohh. It's ok if you mind it. Then we can just pretend that this conversation never happens.. Haha, no need to answer me immediately de.. Take your time and think it through. I'll do the same, except I've already been thinking about it for a few days now.
JE: Um, actually I don't really mind it... But yeah, it's something to think it through.

So on and so forth. Then we drifted off talking about killing mosquitoes, and job's stuffs. And she sure did take some time to think about it. We had discussion about it, and about our expectation of the date and how to deal with it if it goes well or bad. For me, I like the feeling that the whole thing is giving me, to be able to openly discuss it with her about these things whereas in drama, we usually see the couples leaving everything up to fate and magically everything happens. I mean, sure, we took out the romantic portion of it and threw it in the bin, but hey, we are still together and as happily as we can be, so it's working fine I guess?

And around 1 month later, after discussions and talks that we had, she said yes.





In the nerdiest way you can imagine.. But main point is she said yes.

I'll end part one here for now. But rest assured that I will be checking in more often now, at least for the rest of the month. Part 2 should be our progression and obstacles that we faced since we started, so let's hope my memory doesn't fail me again.


No comments:

Post a Comment