Animated Dragonica Star Glove Pointer

Music Player

Saturday 2 July 2016

Japan, here I go~ Part 3

Day 3

Things didn't turn up well on this day. All but myself were drunk from drinking beer in the previous night. I was getting really fed up as I see the time ticking away because this was suppose to be the day we visit the happiest place on earth, Disneyland! At around 10am to 11am-ish, they were awake and we hurried to Disneyland. I wasn't pleased at all.

Around 12pm, we reached Disneyland.. All the angers turned to happiness, honestly, how can anyone be angry in Disneyland. But it didn't last very long though, as they took their time taking selfies and group-fie all along the walkway towards Disneyland. I was restless and decided to leave the group to go on ahead. Here's some of the pictures that they took, and of course, I'm no longer angry with them lar...

The late comers... Hahaha...
Photo by: Tzer Maan
Featuring Disney resort in the background.
Photo by: Kaifen
The ticket cost around 6900yen per pax. At first glance, Disneyland is really underwhelming, sure there are a lot of decorations and it was nice for them to change the deco according to the theme of the nearest festival, but aside from that, there was really nothing else. Perhaps it was due to the low number of people in the area, or I was simply mistaken to judge before entering the main area of Disneyland, you know, the castle area.

The open area near the entrance of Disneyland.
We queued up to take picture with the most iconic character of Disney, the Mickey Mouse. Here you go~ (Thanks Kaifen, now I look like I'm not wearing pants on that day)

Why Kaifen why? 
Before entering the castle area, there was a band performance and it was very nice and nostalgic when they started playing all the Disney classic songs. One of the performers saw me taking video using a GoPro and he actually stepped forward and played the rest of the song towards me. Aww~ Too bad I didn't capture the footage of that happening, pics or it didn't happen eh?

Band performance.
The actual theme park is very very huge, and most of the rides are catered towards kids, but we had fun anyway. Imagine ever since you were a small little kid, you wanted to go the a particular place, and you finally have the chance to do so.. *Insert fan girl screaming*

The castle area of Disneyland.
We got separated somehow, me and Kaifen, Tzer Maan and Jia Wee.. So instead of waiting around, we decided the explore the rest Disneyland in that combination. Myself and Kaifen were lucky enough to witness a guy proposing to his girlfriend in front of the castle! It was so romantic and everyone was cheering for them! Here's the picture proof..

Nawww~ My future girlfriend, you can expect something like this.. :P
Oh ya, remember how I was impressed by the politeness of Japanese people? Here's another point that makes me want to live there now... Knowing that being parent is tiresome, there's an empty spot for them to park the prams. And the best thing about it is, no lock or chain is needed because stealing is not in their nature.

Parking for baby strollers.
I don't think I need to write in details of the rides that we went to, but most of the rides are well decorated and immersing. I'll let the pictures do all the talking, so be warned, picture heavy for mobile users!
Just a random attraction in Disneyland. Goofy's house?
Each of these cost around 100 yen. Insert the coin, and watch the machine shapes the copper plate into one of these tokens.
Photo by: Tzer Maan
A closer look of the token.
Photo by: Tzer Maan
Lots of people wearing BFF outfits in Disneyland.
Photo by: Tzer Maan
Photo and videographer of the year right there!
Photo by: Tzer Maan
Liking how their Halloween deco just blend into their existing deco.

Oh yeah, there is one system that I really don't like, namely their way of selecting people to watch the fireworks. It goes something like this, after you bought your ticket, you are entitled to play a "mini game" to see whether you are able to see the firework show up close or not. Why don't they make it a first come first serve basis is beyond me but it is because of that, I missed my firework show. Bummer.. On top of that, it was raining! So even if you want to watch the show from afar, have fun standing in the middle of the rain which is exactly what I did.

Disney castle lights up at night, too bad it was raining.
After the show, I was separated from the group....again.. After waiting for them around 20 minutes at the entrance, in the rain, and at night, I decided the best decision that I can make is to go back to the ryokan to wait for them. It wasn't fun riding the train alone when I was soaked and wearing a Mickey Mouse cap. But that's about all that happened in the third day, after around 1 hour, they were back and we were all like, "I was waiting for you at place X!"...

Got myself some onigiri for dinner that night. They are from 7-11 and they look delicious.
Hahaha.. Next, Studio Ghibli and Shibuya. Oyasumiiii~


No comments:

Post a Comment